Monday, February 7, 2011

2010

Too many things have happened in the year of 2010.

I did not get along with my supervisor in the department of astronomy and I've made my mind to transfer to other departments. Fortunately I got an offer in Biostatistics program at the same school. And now I'm working hard and try to graduate soon at the end of 2011.

In February, Mento had gone through a difficult time and so had I. He suddenly became paralyzed and could not be able to walk one night. I was panic and sent him to the emergency room. The vets there were all very pessimistic, they thought this situation was due to cancer, blood clot or spine disk problems. If I did not take him to do the MRI to find out what truly happened inside his body, then I was gonna lose him (because they're gonna put him to sleep). I did not have many choices. I didn't think too much about my financial aid. Doing the MRI would cost me at least $5000 US dollars. What I had in my mind is to save Mento, my dear baby. Nobody could help me. I had to make my decision myself. I then turned into praying to Gods (Pu-Sa). I made several wishes including becoming a vegetarian at least one year, and doing volunteer work at the animals shelter. Magically, the neurological surgery (removing his disk) went amazingly fine. He still couldn't walk of course. I prayed and went to visit him in the hospital every day that week. I couldn't focus on my school work then. Mento is a good baby. He listened to what I've told him. I told him he is gonna be fine and he has to thank for Pu-Sa and the doctors who came to help him. I told him to be brave and have to be well soon! Day after day, the nurses there called me every morning to report his current process. One day, one nurse was very excited telling me that she saw Mento's tail was moving a little bit. I yelled and was amazed. I kept praying. Mento has great improvement every day. He was being discharged from the hospital in less than a week. He saved me a lot of money as well. He is such a good boy. Now, he can walk again, run again, behaves like a normal cat.

I am very thankful to Gods! All of them! I'm still very grateful for what Gods have done to help me. I know that miracles do exist, as long as you believe in them. All of the vets told me that they haven't seen such a miracle before. They were all astonished on how Mento's doing, as well as the MRI results (because disk problems are rare in cats, usually happened in dogs). Glad that I was stubborn on saving his life. Now I'm still paying back the money to my friend monthly (total ~$5000). But I am in such a good mood and I think Mento's worth it!

Don't ever give up so easily on who you love. Keep praying if you are panic, lost, and don't know what to do. Everything would work out eventually.

3 comments:

Emny said...

辛苦你了
不過你要開始想一些快樂的事呀
這樣才會越過越好^^

Frank said...

秀秀阿.....不過你也太不常更新了吧XD

Cindy said...

Thank you guys.

I'm sorry for not updating frequently. I'm too busy and always forgot to write things down. XD